We all love playing with toys, but we need to protect them as well as you in case of accidents.  Not to mention, similar to cars, it’s usually required by law to carry insurance on recreational vehicles.  Recreational insurance covers really anything you can think of, from: boats, dune buggies, golf carts, mini-bikes, motor homes, motorcycles, recreational vehicle trailers, snowmobiles, trail-bikes, all-terrain vehicles, off-road vehicles, antique and classic autos, and various other watercraft vehicles including jet skis and on and on and on.  As toys are often a pride and joy of the owner, not to mention an investment piece, we want to protect them and you.

What You Need to Know

The type of coverage and options you have depend on the type of vehicle that you are covering. We’ll breakdown a few examples for you here as a baseline, but if your vehicle is not listed here, that does not mean we do not cover it, so feel free to call us and ask.


There are some mandatory coverages required by law for motorcycle insurance, and if you’ve ever had or seen car insurance before, this will look familiar:

  1. Third-Party Liability
    • This covers expenses of the damage that you cause to others and/or their vehicles in the case of an accident.
  2. Direct Compensation – Property Damage
    • Property damage covers you when damage occurs to your vehicle and its contents due to an accident in Ontario that is not your fault.
  3. Uninsured Automobile
    • This protects you financially should you get into an accident and obtain damage from someone that is not insured.
  4. Accident Benefits

As is the case for automobiles, accident benefits insurance covers you for costs such as:

  • Caregiver benefit
  • Dependent caregiver benefit
  • Income replacement
  • Non-earner benefit
  • Medical, rehabilitation, and attendant care
  • Payment of other expenses
  • Death and funeral benefit



Like auto insurance, ATV insurance is also mandatory and required by law. There are exceptions to the requirement to carry insurance, but generally speaking if you are driving a self-propelled vehicle with four or more wheels that is designed to be driven on or off road, you need to have insurance for it.

  1. Liability
  2. Direct compensation – property damage
  3. Uninsured Automobile
  4. Accident Benefits

It is common for people to include additional coverage on their ATV and/or up their premiums beyond the required minimum. The four protections you can add are:

  1. All Perils (broadest coverage that covers all types of accidents except those excluded)
  2. Collision or Upset (damage to vehicle via another object or by upset)
  3. Comprehensive (covers all damage except collision and upset)
  4. Specified Perils


A motor home is generally considered a self-propelled vehicle possessing living quarters that are not removable and are an integral piece of the vehicle as a whole. If you own a motorhome, you are required by law to insure it.

Just like all the other vehicles, you are required to obtain the standard set of insurance that includes:

  1. Liability
  2. Direct compensation – property damage
  3. Uninsured Automobile
  4. Accident Benefits

You can also add additional coverage to your policy, which is commonplace in order to fully protect the vehicle.

Water vehicles

Whether you have a massive yacht or a Sea-Doo, we have you covered on your watercraft needs. In order to obtain insurance for your water vehicle you need two things:

  • A valid driver’s license
  • A valid boater’s license.

By law you need to insure your watercraft vehicles. Like all the other motor vehicles, you are required to obtain the standard set of insurance that includes:

  1. Liability
  2. Direct compensation – property damage
  3. Uninsured Automobile
  4. Accident Benefits

Similarly, many people choose to include additional coverage to their policy to protect their assets. We can help give you the right information so that you can make an informed decision on how to properly protect your watercraft.









My Generation was created out of a need. A need for you, the new generation.  We recognize that there is a desire for brokers and insurance coverage that better understands you, Generation Y. Your needs, your way, your insurance. We’ll communicate with you the way you want to communicate and we`ll speak to you in language you can understand. I mean have you ever tried to read an insurance policy? They might as well be in a different language. We’re here to advise you, and hopefully make your life as easy as possible. 

Our mission is to make insurance quick and painless. When you buy a car, you want to drive it. When you move into a new home, you want insurance settled so you can move. We get it. We’ve been there. My Generation understands you, because we are you. It’s nothing against the old generation, but it’s time for a change.  We do business the way you do business.  We’ll get things done the way you want them done, because that’s what we do.